The early bird deadline for this year’s Women In Industry Forum expires on Tuesday, June 6. The forum features new speakers, education opportunities and some of the best networking in the industry.
10. Bang for Your Buck! This conference draws women interested in understanding their own management style, improving their ability to manage and influence others while navigating through their own organization. Women attending from the electrical industry include vendors, sales, marketing, engineering, IT, Reps and human resources, etc. There will be over 200 females representing nearly 90 electrical distribution companies at the Forum this year. Now that’s Bang for your Buck!
9. Top-Tier Presenters! A former executive of a billion dollar global consumer products company and awarded the Vistage UK, International Speaker of the Year, AmyK is a catalyst for producing sustainable solutions to a leader’s most pressing challenges.
Sociologist, Bertice Berry, PhD., is a best-selling author and award winning lecturer has been named Comedian of The Year, Lecturer of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. She has published 11 best-selling books in both fiction and non-fiction and has won numerous awards and accolades for both her writing and presentations.
8. The Location! The JW Marriott Mall of Americas is located 5.7 miles SW of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport!
- Top 10 Things To Do in Minneapolis: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g43323-Activities-Minneapolis_Minnesota.html
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Minneapolis: http://www.fodors.com/news/top-10-reasons-1-4095
7. Networking Opportunities (and catching up with mentors/friends in the industry)! This is the ideal conference to connect with senior leadership within industry-leading companies. We suggest all females in the electrical industry from entry level to upper management from distributors, manufacturers, allied partners, and manufacturer reps.
6. Education/Training! The Women in Industry Forum brings women in the electrical industry together to make industry connections for personal and professional growth; increase the visibility of women in the industry; and share valuable tips for success.
Roundtable Discussions: “IGNITE BRILLIANCE in Your Relationships & Communication” What does it take to be a brilliant, happy leader? What does it take to have healthy relationships both at home and at work? AmyK shares insights and exercises designed to challenge our limiting beliefs so we may reach our highest productivity and performance potential.
Roundtable Discussions: Empowering YOU as a Mentor or Mentee
Eric Borden, Founder of Pathfinders: Industry Consultant and Coach
With such a large percentage of the workforce retiring over the next few years, Eric Borden will guide us through understanding knowledge management and knowledge transfer, to help our organizations with this transition.
4. Feed Your Brain! Stacey Felzer, chair of the Women in Industry group, will facilitate a panel of past trailblazers/industry icons. These ladies will share their thoughts on setting goals, speaking up, embracing change and dreaming big!
- Tammy Livers, Vice President of Strategic Accounts, Graybar Electric
- Kathy Mazzarella, President & CEO, Graybar Electric
- Tammy Miller, CEO, Border States Electric
- Sandy Rosecrans, CEO, City Electric
3. Feed your Soul! You know how you feel when you get into a deep, respectful, intelligent, discussion (or debate!) with another person or group of people? Well that’s what you get the opportunity to do over breakfast, lunch, and evening events. As you walk through the venue you will see this happening all the time and all over the place—and it’s amazing!
2. The ‘Techie’ Stuff! We’d all like to be better at the ‘techie’ stuff, right? Join us for the Networking Tech & App Sharing Lounge on Monday. 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Networking Tech & App Sharing Lounge: Share your favorite apps for health, productivity, or fun. You may even win a prize and take home some cool technology gadgets.
1. Invest In and Of Yourself! One of the best investments you will ever make is the one you make in yourself. By advancing your skills and knowledge, the career you love will not only make you smarter, but it will fulfill you in immeasurable ways. We have a responsibility to ourselves to invest in knowledge and growth to make ourselves the best people we can be!
“Invest yourself in everything you do. There’s fun in being serious.” – John Coltrane
“I have no special talents. I am only PASSIONATELY CURIOUS.” – Albert Einstein
And there you have it! I hope to see you there but if you can’t make it this year, keep your eyes peeled for my post on LinkedIn. Hmmm, . . . maybe it will be a “Top 10 Reasons I’m SO Glad I Attended This Year’s WII Forum!”
Tagged with tED, Women in Industry