WAYNE, Pa. — Affiliated Distributor’s Electrical Division recently hosted a record-breaking North American Meeting, with attendance of over 1,000 attendees. This event attracted 147 first time attendees and representatives from over 297 companies in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The theme of this year’s meeting supported AD’s brand positioning: Together, we win. Elements of winning together were woven into all aspects of the meeting. AD announced several innovative new programs that will assist members with staying ahead of the curve and competitively win in the market: AD HR Services, eContent Service Program, and Digital Demand Generation.
Ed Crawford, AD’s President of the Electrical Supply Division stated, “At AD, we’re passionate about helping independently owned distributors succeed in the market; both today, and in the future. But ŒTogether We Win’ is much more than a new slogan at AD. It’s a clear and simple articulation of our DNA; it’s what we truly believe. That as strong and successful as you are individually, that together we are stronger.”
During the meeting’s keynote address, delivered by Bill Weisberg, AD’s Chairman and CEO, Bill discussed the importance of AD independents working together. Bill stated, “When we combine our volume and intelligence with collaboration, we are an unstoppable force for good in this industry.” Bill communicated, “Going in alone is not the winning choice. But working together, as a $31 Billion team of great independent companies, we have the scale and we have the resources to go toe to toe with anybody.”
AD honored their members and supplier partners during the Spirit of Independence Awards Banquet and announced a record number of nominations submitted this year, as well as new growth-oriented Leaderboard Awards. The following companies received these coveted AD awards:
- US Member of the Year, Performance Over $10M: Electric Supply Center
- US Member of the Year, Performance Under $10M: Baynes Electric Supply Company
- Member of the Year, Leadership: Bill Smith, President of Electrozad Company
- US Supplier of the Year, Performance Over $10M: RAB Lighting, Inc.
- US Supplier of the Year, Performance Under $10M: SATCO Products, Inc.
- Supplier of the Year, Leadership: Ed Marinelli, President of Electri-Flex
- AD MVP: Farrah Mittel, Director of Marketing & New Business Development, Schaedler Yesco Distribution
- Supplier of the Year, Marketing Excellence: Omni Cable Corp.
- Best Conversion to an AD Supplier: Dominion Electric Supply & Littelfuse
- Best Annual Planning Process: Bell Electrical Supply
- Giving Back Award: Van Meter, Inc.
Sponsors: AD’s North American Meeting sponsors were also acknowledged throughout the event. The meeting sponsors included the Appleton Group, Business Methodologies (Sales & Operations Functional Network Sponsor), Electri-Flex, Hubbell Lighting, Leviton, Philips, Southwire, Thomas & Betts.
In conclusion, Crawford stated, “When we say “Together, we win,” it is with the conviction of knowing that the very fundamentals on our business are as valid and true today as they were 34 years ago. Working together, there is nothing that we cannot accomplish.”
Photos from the event can be found on AD’s Flickr Page: Click Here to View PhotosTagged with AD, Electri-Flex, ESC, Omni, SATCO, Schaedler Yesco, tED, Van Meter