FARGO, N.D. —On Friday, October 29th, Dakota Supply Group had the privilege of hosting South Dakota Senator John Thune at DSG’s Sioux Falls location.
Below are talking points and photos from DSG’s visit with the Senator and his staff member, Benjamin Ready:
- One of the many things that makes DSG’s Sioux Falls location unique is the automation department. John DeYoung, Automation Manager, spent some time explaining to the senator the inner workings of the operation building electrical panels which streamline the system controls so that electricity, electrical appliances, and fixtures power up and down on command.
- The Senator asked DSG during the tour if it was being affected by the current supply chain demand (the answer was a resounding “yes!”). This seemed to be a top priority of his and he offered his support on the importance of this topic.
- They discussed S.1300, which he has since co-sponsored.
- Employee owners joined DSG and the Senator for a roundtable discussion, sharing their ESOP story and what being a part of an ESOP meant to them.
- They also talked about infrastructure, the repeal and opposition of corporate tax laws (on behalf of DSG’s affiliates), and S.68. He was favorable on most issues, except for portions of the current infrastructure bill, and felt it could be funded by introducing a nationwide gas tax.