HOUSTON—Houston Wire & Cable Company (NASDAQ: HWCC) (the Company) today announced that Gary Yetman has been named executive chairman of the board. William H. Sheffield, who has served as non-executive chairman since 2012, will remain on the board and succeed Yetman as chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee. Sheffield previously announced his intention to retire from the board upon the expiration of his current term.
- Jerry Zurovchak, previously Director of Operations, has been named Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Operations, IT and purchasing will report to Zurovchak, who joined the Company in 2019 from General Cable, a Prysmian Group company.
- Allison Ruggles Goldie, previously Director of Information Technology, has been named Vice President of Information Technology.
- Tamika Howard, previously Controller, has been named Vice President and Controller.
- Lara Walker, previously Director of Human Resources, has been named Vice President of Human Resources.
- David Sanborn, previously Vice President of the Company’s Southwest Wire Rope operating unit, has been named Senior Vice President of Southwest Wire Rope.
“I am delighted to recognize these valued team members,” said James L. Pokluda III, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Their promotions tangibly demonstrate our company’s commitment to recognizing talent and achievement.”
Separately, HWCC announced that Christopher M. Micklas, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, has notified the board of his decision to leave the Company effective July 10, 2020 in order to join a start-up business in another industry. Micklas also serves as the Company’s chief accounting officer. Eric W. Davis, currently President of the Company’s Heavy Lift division, will become interim chief financial officer and chief accounting officer upon Micklas’ departure. Davis joined the Company in 1993 and was formerly Vice President and Controller for 14 years. Pokluda said, “We thank Chris for his contributions and insights in helping position our co