ARLINGTON, Vir. — Phil Hale, Chief Information Officer of Elliott Electric Supply is the new chair of IDEA’s board of directors after his election at IDEA’s board meeting in February. The new board of directors includes ten members of the new board: four members from distributor companies, four members from manufacturer companies, and two overseers.
The four board members from distributor companies are:
- Phil Hale (Chair), Chief Information Officer, Elliott Electric Supply
- Rick Gigliotti (Secretary), Vice President, Sales Operations, WESCO Distribution, Inc.
- David Rosenstein, President and CEO, ConneXion
- Larry Stern, President and CEO, Standard Electric Supply
The four board members from manufacturers are:
- Ted Crandall, Senior Vice President, Control Products and Solutions, Rockwell Automation
- Brian DiBella, President, Electric Wiring Systems, Legrand North America
- Andrew Quinn (Treasurer), President, ILSCO Corporation
- Bill Waltz (Vice Chair) Group President, Electrical Raceway, Atkore International
Upon learning of his election, Hale said, “I feel honored and challenged at the same time. IDEA is improving all the time and I have some big shoes to fill following other chairs before me. It will be challenging, since there are a lot of opportunities ahead where IDEA and the board need to respond to quickly to stay ahead of the competition.”
Hale has made his position clear about his ambitions for IDEA in the coming months. Once IDEA Connector and IDEA Exchange are up and running, he is looking to pursue other opportunities in vertical markets. “I see IDEA as being the single primary source for data to distributors in multiple vertical industries. I see IDEA having the IT systems in place to respond to market needs faster and able to adapt to competitive situations more quickly.”
Hale believes the new board will carry IDEA in the right direction not only to respond to customers’ needs, but to respond effectively to the demands entering into new verticals will pose.Tagged with elliott electric, IDEA