ATLANTA – September 3, 2014 – A total of 11 LED lighting and controls solutions from Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) were selected for the 2014 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Report, which showcases the year’s most significant developments in the art and science of lighting. Among the products selected were indoor and outdoor LED luminaires and advanced lighting controls that can be integrated to create a total lighting solution – ideal for reducing energy and maintenance costs – that delivers the finest quality of lighting tailored for a variety of facility needs.
The 2014 IES Progress Report Committee is mandated to “keep in touch with developments in the art and science of lighting throughout the world, and prepare a yearly review of achievements for the Illuminating Engineering Society.” The 11 Acuity Brands achievements selected by IES include a variety of solutions for commercial, residential and industrial applications:
- Autobahn™ ATBS LED roadway luminaire from American Electric Lighting®
- Breez Series™ LED indoor luminaire from Lithonia Lighting®
- P Series LED downlight from Lithonia Lighting
- Slot 2 LED Series and Slot 4 LED Series indoor luminaires from Mark Architectural Lighting™
- Vantage® LED industrial luminaire from Holophane®
- Vellum™ LED indoor luminaire from Peerless®
- W Series LED indoor luminaire from Lithonia Lighting
- DLL Elite™ LED photocontrol from Acuity Controls™
- Field Configurable Relay from Acuity Controls
- Fresco™ Touchscreen Controller from Acuity Controls
- Fresco Lighting Management Panel from Acuity Controls
“Acuity Brands is honored to be recognized by the IES Progress Committee for our lighting and controls solutions,” said Jack Ries, Vice President, Solutions Portfolio, Acuity Brands Lighting. “Being recognized for 11 products is extraordinary given the strict evaluation criteria used for judging the more than 270 entries.”
For more information about lighting solutions from Acuity Brands, visit www.acuitybrands.com.
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands, Inc. is a North American market leader and one of the world’s leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2013 net sales of over $2 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 6,800 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia.