Patricia Contreras, left, director of the Rockwell Automation Charitable Corporation, accepts “Corporation of the Year” award from Griselda Aldrete, president and CEO of Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee. (Photo: Business Wire)
MILWAUKEE — Rockwell Automation has been named “Corporation of the Year” by the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee (HPGM), a non-profit organization dedicated to building a robust pipeline of Hispanic talent in the Midwest, as part of its 2018 Leadership Awards.
Rockwell Automation was selected from a competitive pool of nominees for its extensive contributions to the Milwaukee Hispanic community. Patricia Contreras, director of the Rockwell Automation Charitable Corporation, accepted the award at HPGM’s annual meeting on Aug. 24.
“We see talented individuals and groups who work tirelessly to make our region a better place to live and work,” said Griselda Aldrete, president and CEO of HPGM. “A select few go above and beyond. Rockwell Automation is one of them, and we are pleased to name them Corporation of the Year for their efforts to advance Hispanic talent in southeast Wisconsin.”
For 17 years, HPGM has been dedicated to cultivating and supporting Hispanics to create and sustain a diverse talent pipeline for Wisconsin. Throughout all stages of their careers, HPGM is providing its members with opportunities and tools to reach greater levels of success personally and professionally.
Award recipients for this year’s HPGM Leadership Awards were selected by an external committee that reviews nominations submitted by community members. Nominations include concrete examples of achievement and leadership, and powerful demonstrations of the nominee’s commitment to the Hispanic community.
Rockwell Automation won the award for the following reasons:
- It’s built a pipeline of diverse public school students who are interested in pursuing a STEM education and ultimately, join Rockwell Automation or its industry partners and customers. Rockwell Automation opened a successful Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) center at Rogers Street Academy.
- This pipeline identifies and prepares a future workforce with the skills required to implement The Connected Enterprise, Rockwell Automation’s solution to connect plant-level and enterprise networks with people, process and technologies.
- In partnership with Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS), Rockwell Automation developed a plan to support two neighborhood elementary MPS partner schools, Rogers Street Academy and Vieau School.
- The company has supported over 1,600 students to become engaged with Spatial-Temporal (ST) math software, used in elementary schools. Besides monetary support, Rockwell Automation hosts Family Math Night at Escuela Vieau and Rogers St. where parents and their children engage in math games with company volunteers.
- Rockwell Automation has long supported local social services agencies and cultural organizations, including La Causa, the United Community Center, and Latino Arts. La Causa is located in Rockwell Automation’s headquarters.
“Rockwell Automation is proud to receive this important award,” said Patricia Contreras, director of the Rockwell Automation Charitable Corporation. “The award recognizes and highlights the commitment to our company’s culture of inclusion and our focused philanthropic support, especially in the neighborhoods surrounding our Milwaukee headquarters.”Tagged with award, Rockwell