MUNICH, Germany — Siemens AG today published key details of the spin-off of its energy business, together with the invitation to the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting on July 9, 2020. Issuance of the spin-off report marks another key milestone in the creation of an independent, world-leading energy pure play. Siemens shareholders are to automatically receive one share of Siemens Energy AG for every two shares of Siemens AG. Fifty-five percent of Siemens Energy will be spun off to Siemens shareholders. Depending on the strategic and operational development of the two companies, Siemens AG intends to further reduce its stake in Siemens Energy significantly within 12 to 18 months. In addition, Siemens has placed itself under a contractual obligation to refrain from exercising a controlling influence over the new company in the future. Subject to approval by the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting, plans call for the spin-off to take place, as announced, by the end of September 2020. The initial listing is to take place on September 28th, 2020.
- Siemens AG to spin off 55 percent of Siemens Energy to Siemens shareholders
- Plans call for further reducing Siemens’ stake significantly within 12 to 18 months after spin-off’s effective date
- Siemens AG contractually obligated to ensure Siemens Energy’s autonomy and independence
- Siemens Energy to have strong capital and liquidity base; solid investment-grade rating targeted
- Initial listing of new shares planned for September 28, 2020