The American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) has given tED magazine 21 Central Region awards for its work during 2017. The awards include eight for design, six for the print version of tED magazine, and seven for our online and digital offerings, including tedmag.com, “lightED”, and our Daily News e-newsletters.
The “AZBEE” awards are “highly competitive and celebrate the highest quality reporting, editing, and design in business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications.” This year there were more than 1,000 entries in the 78 categories.
tED magazine picks up 21 Regional ASBPE Awards. Pictured (left to right): Nicky Herron, Online Editor; Marie Jakle, Editorial & Web Assistant; Randi Vincent, Art Director; and Misty Byers, Magazine Editor (Karen Linehan, Production Editor, not pictured)
tED magazine received Regional awards in the following categories:
- Gold: Design, Front Cover Illustration for the cover of the September 2017 issue highlighting “Become a Better Partner” to your contractor customers.
- Gold: Design, Table of Contents Page, for the table of contents in the July, 2017 issue.
- Silver: Design, Front Cover Photo, for the January 2017 issue with the “Future Fortune” headline to illustrate our cover story on the economic outlook for the year.
- Bronze: Design, Front Cover – Special Issue or Supplement, for the December 2017 “New Product Preview” which highlights products that have just been introduced to the supply chain.
- Gold: Design, Magazine Redesign, for the new look tED magazine introduced in January 2017.
- Gold: Design, Opening Page/Spread Illustration for the illustration used for ‘Becoming a Better Partner” cover story in September 2017.
- Gold: Design, Opening Page/Spread Typographic, for the August, 2017 “Special Report” on “Strategic Sales Promotion Strengthen Bonds”.
- Silver: Design, Best Overall Typography, July, 2017 “30 Under 35” issue.
Randi Vincent is the tED magazine Art Director responsible for the design of the magazine and these awards.
- Bronze: Online, Blog – Analysis/Commentary “Looking At Our Future With Amazon”, a three-part series that examined how outside experts are looking at the B2B threat from Amazon.
- Gold: Online, Q&A, “Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid” a question and answer session with tED magazine journalist Susan Bloom and Justin King of B2X Partners after Amazon announced an expansion of its B2B offering, Amazon Business by adding Prime Shipping to customers.
- Gold: Online, Single Topic Coverage by a Team – “Covering Hurricane Harvey”, tED magazine sent three reporters (Irwin Rapoport, Jean Whatley, Susan Bloom) out to cover the aftermath of the hurricane, along with the best practices to overcome the elements and the concerns over counterfeit products coming into the area.
- Bronze: Online, Enterprise News Story –“Upping your Lighting Game In A Competitive Market”, a story from tED magazine writer Bridget McCrea on the expanding lighting market.
- Gold: Online, Web News Section – “Exclusive Features” for the original stories written by our team of journalists (Jim Williams, Bridget McCrea, Susan Bloom, Irwin Rapoport, and Jean Whatley) and posted four times a week on tedmag.com.
- Gold: Online, New or Relaunched Website – “lightED” for our new website launched in July 2017 that focuses only on lighting news and how it impacts our supply chain.
- Silver: Online, E-Newsletter – General Excellence for our daily news e-newsletters that you receive six times a week (two from “lightED” and four from tedmag.com).
Nicky Herron is the tED magazine online editor responsible for the stories on tedmag.com and “lightED,” along with all six of the Daily News e-Newsletters and all of the online awards.
- Silver: Print, Overall Headline Writing, for our headlines in the September and October 2017 issues of tED magazine.
- Gold: Print, News Section, for our “Current” section from the July, 2017 issue of tED magazine with articles by Ken Stier, Joe Nowlan, Ken Simonson, and Susan Bloom.
- Gold: Print, Group Profile, for Carol Katarsky’s story “An Industry Force”, on the past 10 NAED Trailblazer Award Winners in the June, 2017 issue of tED magazine.
- Bronze: Print, Individual Profile, for Carol Katarsky’s story “The Will To Win”, on current NAED Chairman Dan Dungan of Springfield Electric Supply.
- Silver: Print, Special Section for “The Electrical Distribution Handbook: The Future of the Industry”, where NAED members submit their thoughts on the topic in our March issue of tED magazine.
- Silver: Print, Single Topic Coverage, for “Become a Better Partner”, a series of stories about working with your contractor customers by tED magazine writers Susan Bloom, Irwin Rapoport, Jan Niehaus, Ken Wax, and Katrina Olson in the September, 2017 issue of tED magazine.
Misty Byers is the tED magazine editor responsible for the magazine editorial and headlines, along with all of the print awards.
tED magazine is also a finalist for 11 national ASBPE awards, including:
- Design, Front Cover Illustration for “Become a Better Partner” in September 2017,
- Design, Front Cover Photo for “Future Fortune” in January 2017,
- Design, Magazine Redesign
- Design, Opening Page/Spread Illustration for “Become a Better Partner” in September 2017
- Design, Best Overall Typography for the July 2017 issue
- Online, Q&A for “Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid” by Susan Bloom
- Online, New or Relaunched Website for “lightED”
- Print, Overall Headlines for the September 2017 and October 2017 issues
- Print, News Section for “Current” in July 2017
Plus, tED magazine is a National Finalist for B2B Magazine of the Year and tedmag.com is a National Finalist for Website of the Year. National award winners will be announced on May 10.Tagged with tED magazine