For the eighth time, tED magazine honored 30 of the brightest young members of the National Association of Electrical Distributors with the “30 Under 35 Award” during NAED’s LEAD Conference.
The conference in Nashville, Tennessee had more than 150 attendees, with a focus on discovering our own EQ aptitude. As attendees learned about the impact of EQ and its role in the business world, it became abundantly clear why this was the key theme of this year’s conference. Facilitators from BlueEQ guided us as we dug into our own assessment results and the 25 dimensions of Emotional Intelligence. Attendees then built an action plan in small groups to implement over the next 90 days. The groups then took their new skills to a new level by breaking into groups by job function to discuss how EQ plays in not only our business but in our individual roles.
This year’s tED magazine 30 Under 35 includes a variety of job functions, with many of the honorees completing NAED education courses. They also were recognized for the work they do in their communities and helping others.
The 2019 tED magazine 30 Under 35 are:
- Chuck Anderson, 29, Account Manager, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Cassie Bruns, 32, Sales & Services Project Specialist, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Katie Connors 25, Project Manager-Strategic Projects, Capital Electric, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Michael Cummins, 25, Project Manager, Irby Co. (a Sonepar Company), Fort Worth, Texas
- Sean Ellis 34, Program Manager – Automation & Control, B&K Electric Wholesale, City of Industry, Calif.
- Ryan Evans 34, Branch Manager, Interstate Electrical Supply, Lagrange, Ga.
- Jordan Harris 26, Senior HR Business Partner, Irby Co. (a Sonepar Company), Jackson, Miss.
- Thomas Hartland-Mackie, 31, President & CEO, City Electric Supply, Dallas
- Eric Hysong, 31, Counter/Inside Sales Rep, Capital Electric, Richmond, Va.
- Garrett James, 27, Branch Manager, Rexel, Fort Worth, Texas
- Jessica Kelner, 29, Benefits and Compensation Specialist, Dakota Supply Group, Fargo, N.D.
- Ryan Kindle, 34, Outside Sales/Account Manager, Becker Sales, Chicago
- Doug Knebelsberger, 31, Vice President of Marketing, Light Efficient Design, Cary, Ill.
- Juliana Kostrinsky, 30, Director, Pricing Strategy and Analytics, Hazmasters, a subsidiary of WESCO, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
- Brad Lueck, 33, District Manager, BC Interior, WESCO Distribution, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
- Ben Lutz, 32, Project Sales Specialist, Viking Electric, Madison, Wis.
- Brian Maly, 26, Project Manager—Lighting, Viking Electric, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Lesley Matt, 34, Vice President of Marketing & Products, TCP, Aurora, Ohio
- Tyler Matthews, 33, Branch Manager, Stanion Wholesale Electric, Manhattan, Kan.
- Thomas McShane, 28, Chief Marketing Officer, City Electric Supply, Dallas
- Devin Miller, 28, Warehouse Manager, Springfield Electric, East Peoria, Ill.
- Sahir Molu, 29, COO, GreenTek Energy Systems, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Cory Morris, 32, Automation Manager, Atlantic Canada, Graybar Canada, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Jeff Pigg, 31, Vice President of Operations, Shat-R-Shield, Salisbury, N.C.
- Naim Shamsid-Deen, 29, Branch Operations Supervisor, Border States Electric, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Meghan Simmons, 27, Marketing & Program Channel Specialist, Hubbell Lighting, Greenville, S.C.
- Kevin Swan, 30, Vice President—Operations, Active Electrical Supply, Chicago
- Harrison Taylor, 29, Outside Sales, Southern California Illumination, Del Mar, Calif.
- Andrew Verderber, 27, Energy Specialist, Springfield Electric Supply, Springfield, Ill.
- Ashlea Wolf, 31, Project Manager, Border States Electric, Phoenix
A full photo gallery of the tED magazine 30 Under 35 awards event will be posted at a later date.Tagged with 30 under 35, Biggest News