By Bridget McCrea
If you’re looking to strengthen your distributorship’s contractor relationships, check out these Eleven Ways to Build and Sustain Trust in Doing Business from “Mr. Business Wisdom” Harvy Simkovits:
- Rapport: Finding things in common with another person.
- Honesty: Always telling the truth about how you see things.
- Sincerity: Demonstrating caring and unconditional positive regard to the other person’s point of view.
- Respect for Self and Others: Always talking to and dealing with others as equals and never as if they were lesser than or greater than you.
- Openness: Fully hearing and understanding the other person’s viewpoint; allowing yourself to be impacted by their needs and ideas.
- Competency: Demonstrating your knowledge and know-how around matters of importance to the other person.
- Mutuality: Always working to serve all parties’ best interests.
- Integrity: Having alignment between your words and actions.
- Reliability: Being consistent in your behavior or in your way of being or acting; being someone others can depend on in fulfilling commitments.
- Admission: Gracefully admitting to any error or failing on your part.
- Recovery: Quickly informing the other person of the bad news, apologizing for not being able to fulfill the promise, and then making a new promise in order to make it up to them.
McCrea is a Florida-based writer who covers business, industrial, and educational topics for a variety of magazines and journals. You can reach her at email@example.com or visit her website at www.expertghostwriter.net.Tagged with tED