Every weekday in December, tED magazine is counting down the Top 20 Stories of 2015. Below, the #6 most-viewed story of the year, originally published on May 27, 2015.
ST. LOUIS — tED magazine, the official publication of the National Association of Electrical Distributors, has released its 2015 “30 Under 35” list of rising stars from across the electrical industry.
Representing today’s top emerging leaders, this list recognizes 30 talented young professionals who have the initiative, drive, integrity and creativity to move the industry forward in the decades to come.
“Bright, up-and-coming talent is the key to our industry’s future,'” said Misty Byers, editor of tED magazine. “This is the fourth year for our ’30 Under 35′ program, and the response just keeps growing. We had a record number of entries this year; it’s exciting to see so many valued young people in the electrical channel today. Through their accomplishments, the individuals on this list demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge to lead.”
The competition, open to electrical professionals 34 years old or younger (*at the time of nomination), drew nominations from mentors, managers and other industry leaders working in electrical distribution, manufacturing, and related technology and service organizations. The tED editorial team blindly judged each submission, placing emphasis on such traits as dedication, innovation, leadership and people skills, commitment to training, personal integrity and work-life balance.
tED magazine and NAED congratulate the 2015 “30 Under 35” professionals:
- Jared Babcock, 25, Medler Electric Company, Alma, Mich.
- Ryan Baloun, 33, Dakota Supply Group, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Jenice Bastien, 33, NSi Industries, LLC, Huntersville, N.C.
- Josh Brown, 30, Keystone Technologies LLC, Ambler, Pa.
- Melissa Bucher, 30, Eaton Corporation, Hurricane, W.Va.
- Chad Budnick, 30, K/E Electric Supply Corp., Mount Clemens, Mich.
- Devin Carney, 30, Van Meter Inc., Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Josh Corson, 34, Gordon Electric Supply, Inc., Mokena, Ill.
- Josh Cree, 27, Border States Electric, Minot, N.D.
- Lee Cush, 34, Cree, Inc., Durham, N.C.
- Daniel De Longe, 30, Graybar, Wichita, Kan.
- Nicole Dear, 34, Irby, Jackson, Miss.
- Michael Doris, 31, Mars Electric Co., Willoughby, Ohio
- Megan Dragert, 31, Dakota Supply Group, LaCrosse, Wis.
- Joe Gangl, 28, Werner Electric, Cottage Grove, Minn.
- Alvaro Garcia, 29, Fulham Co., Inc., Hawthorne, Calif.
- Cory Kessler, 33, Electrical Engineering & Equipment Co., Iowa City, Iowa
- Amanda Konchan, 33, The Hite Company, Johnstown, Pa.
- Jeff Kraus, 33, Werner Electric, Cottage Grove, Minn.
- Patrick McCarroll, 27, Buffalo Electric Supply, Birmingham, Ala.
- Kelly Mendez-Scheib, 32, Hubbell Lighting, Inc., Greenville, S.C.
- Ben Nitz, 32, Werner Electric Supply, Neenah, Wis.
- Julia Nolf, 32, Acuity Brands, Inc., Atlanta
- Andrew Pomeroy, 25, Dulles Electric & Supply Corp., Sterling, Va.
- Josh Ramirez, 33, OneSource Distributors, Oceanside, Calif.
- Josh Rowley, 33, Blazer Electric Supply Company, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Earl Semadeni, 30, Midland Winlectric Co., Midland, Texas
- Chad Sherrill, 26, Dickman Supply, Inc., Sidney, Ohio
- Jesse Streed, CEP-IS, 31, Dakota Supply Group, Alexandria, Minn.
- Ethan Wollbrink, 25, Van Meter Inc., Keokuk, Iowa
tED magazine will recognize these 30 honorees in its July print and online issues as well as during a special ceremony at the 2015 NAED Leadership Enhancement and Development (LEAD) Conference, taking place July 15-17 in Chicago. Registration for this event is now open. Those named to the 2015 “30 Under 35” list are eligible for free registration when a paid attendee from his or her company is also registered.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in more than 5,100 locations internationally.
Tagged with tED