EVERY WEEKDAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, TED MAGAZINE IS COUNTING DOWN THE TOP 20 STORIES OF 2019. BELOW, THE #1 MOST-VIEWED STORY OF THE YEAR, ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON APRIL 18, 2019.
tED magazine has named 30 of the best and brightest young members of our supply chain as the 2019 “30 Under 35”. This marks the 8th year for the award, meaning only 240 members of the National Association of Electrical Distributors have been honored.
This year’s winners will receive their awards at the NAED LEAD (Leadership Enhancement and Development) Conference, scheduled for July 17-19 at the Kimpton Aertson Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. This year’s honorees include Project Specialists, a Manager of Automation and Control, Branch Managers, Outside Sales Reps, and Marketing Specialists.
The NAED LEAD Conference helps NAED companies retain top employees by giving them the tools they need for future success. During the two-and-a-half-day event, attendees will develop management skills, talk with other members of our supply chain about best practices, and hear from leadership experts about successful strategies.
One of this year’s keynote speakers is Mary Legakis Engel, Founder and CEO of The Management Coach, a recognized speaker, coach, consultant, and business executive. Mary has been advising, consulting and coaching leaders and managers on effective management and how to grow their businesses while continuously engaging their employees.
The other keynote speaker is Roger W. Smith, Ph.D. He is a Master Facilitator at Blue EQ, Smith will work with LEAD Conference attendees to diagnose and recommend data-driven solutions using behavioral assessments.
Both keynote speakers will take questions from attendees, and lead roundtable discussions about how they can bring these practices back to their workplaces.
The 2019 tED magazine “30 Under 35” are:
- Chuck Anderson, 29, Account Manager, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Cassie Bruns, 32, Sales & Services Project Specialist, Border States Electric, Brooklyn Park, Minn.
- Katie Connors 25, Project Manager-Strategic Projects, Capital Electric, Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Michael Cummins, 25, Project Manager, Irby Co. (a Sonepar Company), Fort Worth, Texas
- Sean Ellis 34, Program Manager – Automation & Control, B&K Electric Wholesale, City of Industry, Calif.
- Ryan Evans 34, Branch Manager, Interstate Electrical Supply, Lagrange, Ga.
- Jordan Harris 26, Senior HR Business Partner, Irby Co. (a Sonepar Company), Jackson, Miss.
- Thomas Hartland-Mackie, 31, President & CEO, City Electric Supply, Dallas
- Eric Hysong, 31, Counter/Inside Sales Rep, Capital Electric, Richmond, Va.
- Garrett James, 27, Branch Manager, Rexel, Fort Worth, Texas
- Jessica Kelner, 29, Benefits and Compensation Specialist, Dakota Supply Group, Fargo, N.D.
- Ryan Kindle, 34, Outside Sales/Account Manager, Becker Sales, Chicago
- Doug Knebelsberger, 31, Vice President of Marketing, Light Efficient Design, Cary, Ill.
- Juliana Kostrinsky, 30, Director, Pricing Strategy and Analytics, Hazmasters, a subsidiary of WESCO, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
- Brad Lueck, 33, District Manager, BC Interior, WESCO Distribution, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
- Ben Lutz, 32, Project Sales Specialist, Viking Electric, Madison, Wis.
- Brian Maly, 26, Project Manager—Lighting, Viking Electric, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Lesley Matt, 34, Vice President of Marketing & Products, TCP, Aurora, Ohio
- Tyler Matthews, 33, Branch Manager, Stanion Wholesale Electric, Manhattan, Kan.
- Thomas McShane, 28, Chief Marketing Officer, City Electric Supply, Dallas
- Devin Miller, 28, Warehouse Manager, Springfield Electric, East Peoria, Ill.
- Sahir Molu, 29, COO, GreenTek Energy Systems, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Cory Morris, 32, Automation Manager, Atlantic Canada, Graybar Canada, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Jeff Pigg, 31, Vice President of Operations, Shat-R-Shield, Salisbury, N.C.
- Naim Shamsid-Deen, 29, Branch Operations Supervisor, Border States Electric, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Meghan Simmons, 27, Marketing & Program Channel Specialist, Hubbell Lighting, Greenville, S.C.
- Kevin Swan, 30, Vice President—Operations, Active Electrical Supply, Chicago
- Harrison Taylor, 29, Outside Sales, Southern California Illumination, Del Mar, Calif.
- Andrew Verderber, 27, Energy Specialist, Springfield Electric Supply, Springfield, Ill.
- Ashlea Wolf, 31, Project Manager, Border States Electric, Phoenix