COTTAGE GROVE, Minn. — At 2:00 p.m. on February 11, 1920, Triumph Electric Supply Company was incorporated. In January 1921, the name changed to Northland Electric Supply, and Werner Electric’s history was set in motion.
Beginning with 12 employees and stocking national brands of electric merchandise and supplies, Northland’s commitment to “serving our customers’ needs in a courteous and satisfactory manner” continues today with Werner’s 350 employees and partnerships with premium building materials, automation, and energy solutions suppliers.
Northland was acquired in 2001 by Werner Electric Supply/Neenah, Wisconsin and Van Meter based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and became Werner Electric Supply Minnesota. Today, Werner Electric, headquartered in Cottage Grove, Minnesota has seven branches with plans to open an additional branch in April 2020.
Werner Electric President, Ben Granley stated, “This company was founded on family, and hiring smart people who care about doing what’s best for our customers. It is core to our culture. Going forward, we might look different, but we stay true to who we are.” Instead of selling the screw-in fuses of the past, Werner Electric today offers expansive technology solutions like smart machines, connected lighting and controls, clean energy solutions and the services and expertise that support them. Granley, focused on the future while celebrating the past says, “Werner customers value the partnerships we develop with them. We continue to grow and evolve to meet the innovation and technology demands of the industry to ensure we continue to add value.”
The future looks bright for Werner Electric, who will be celebrating their heritage throughout the year with customers, suppliers, and employees.Tagged with anniversary, Biggest News, Werner Electric