DAYTON, Ohio — Emerson announced the recipients of The Helix Innovation Scholarships at the University of Dayton. The students were recognized at an event at The Helix Innovation Center on the University of Dayton campus in November.
Five University of Dayton students from the schools of engineering, business administration, and arts and sciences were each awarded $10,000 from Emerson. The scholarships were presented to students in engineering, business and the arts who are interested in innovation and creative problem-solving.
Emerson will assign each scholarship recipient a mentor at The Helix to help further their interest in innovation.
“These students will become part of our collaboration community. Working closely with the University of Dayton is an important part of our mission at The Helix, and we are excited to get the perspective of students from majors outside our traditional engineering path,” said Rajan Rajendran, vice president of system innovation and sustainability for Emerson’s Commercial & Residential Solutions business.
The Helix Innovation 2018 Scholarships were awarded to the following University of Dayton students:
- Dejuan A. Marion, Computer Engineering, 2nd year, Bedford, OH
- Christian Cubacub, Computer Engineering, 3rd year, Honolulu, HI
- Vivian M. Mota, Mechanical Engineering, 2nd year, Melrose Park, IL
- Lauren J. Declark, Psychology, 4th year, Toledo, OH
- Anthony Zinkhon, Marketing, 4th year, Medway, OH