ATLANTA — HD Supply’s Meg Newman, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Marketing and Communications was recognized as one of the Top 10 Breakaway Leaders at Evanta Leadership Network’s third annual award gala on October 22, 2013, at The Ritz-Carlton in Denver, Colo.
The Top 10 Breakaway Leaders Award honors HR executives whose leadership elevates their people, partners and business.
“Meg Newman is a business partner and leader who defines HD Supply’s quest to be the best of the best for our customers, associates, suppliers, communities and investors. Meg leads from the front in everything she does, always viewing the world through the eyes of the customer and the associate and providing aggressive and clear insight that excites and motivates. She is an invaluable member of our leadership team and we are blessed to have her in our HD Supply family,” stated Joe DeAngelo, CEO, HD Supply.
Nominated HR executives completed a detailed application describing their leadership philosophy, business impact and career achievements. A distinguished panel of judges, including past winners and HR luminaries, selected an elite collective of 18 finalists who were narrowed to the final 10 winners with the help of peer votes from the HR community. The 2013 Global HR Top 10 Breakaway Leaders Award Winners include:
- Meg Newman, SVP, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications, HD Supply Inc.
- Dean Carter, CHRO, Sears Holdings Corporation
- Laura Griffith, Chief Talent Officer, American Cancer Society, Inc.
- Tracy Keogh, EVP, Human Resources, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Pete Leddy, CHRO, Life Technologies Corporation
- Jing Liao, VP, WW Human Resources, Atmel Corporation
- John McMahon, SVP & CHRO, The Cumberland Gulf Group of Companies
- Donna Morris, SVP, People and Places, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Margaret (Peggy) Pego, SVP, Human Resources & CHRO, Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated
- Shibu Varghese, VP & CHRO, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
“The Top 10 Breakaway Leader Award is a unique recognition of remarkable leadership and individual innovation,” stated Alexandra Brown, Evanta. “The program utilizes peer nominations, a distinguished panel of judges and the HR Leadership Summit community to select breakaway leaders that are changing the face of human resources.”
“I am honored to be recognized with such a remarkable group of HR executives,” said Newman. “I share this award with my team who has worked tirelessly to develop best-in-class HR processes and analytics, revolutionize our health and wellness strategy, and continue to deliver value to the business.”Tagged with tED