WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Legrand has announced the winners of its annual “Marketeer of the Year” Competition. Comprised of Legrand’s electrical distribution partners throughout the United States and Canada, the competition aims to recognize distributors for overall marketing excellence, the incorporation of digital marketing tools, and year-over-year sales growth.
“Well-rounded, superbly executed marketing programs really stood out in this year’s competition,” said Greg Kozniewski, Legrand’s Director of Channel Marketing for the Electrical Wiring Systems division. “Throughout 73 entries, we saw many of our partners running strategic campaigns with incredible results. It was a tough task to narrow it down to our winners, but many of the award recipients distinguished themselves by using digital and in-person methods in tandem to best meet the needs of their customers.”
In total, 13 regional “Marketeer of the Year” winners were selected; each entry was judged against others from similarly sized distributors within their specific sales region. A grand prize was also awarded, naming Independent Electric, a Sonepar Company, the “Best Overall Marketeer of the Year” for the whole of North America.
“The breadth and balance of Independent Electric’s marketing approach in 2022 was phenomenal,” says Mark Sapyta, Legrand’s District Sales Manager in California. “Andy Chick, their Director of Marketing, and the entire marketing team, utilized a series of varied, customer-focused events and digital activities throughout the year that drove significant growth and increased awareness. Their proactive planning and on-going commitment to these efforts has also led to customer engagements that are priceless, building interest and loyalty that will last for years to come. We are excited that they are being recognized accordingly for their hard work and many successes.”
Legrand’s “Marketeer of the Year” Winners included:
- Independent Electric, A Sonepar Company; Nominated by Matthew Maresca, Electrical Sales Unlimited.
- CED/Efengee Electrical Supply – Elk Grove Village, IL; Nominated by Jason Bohannon, Legrand.
- City Electric Supply – Anaheim, CA; Nominated by David Ryst, Electric Sales Unlimited.
- City Electric Supply – Houston, TX Area; Nominated by Mia Palmer, Legrand and Dave Gaska, Bell & McCoy.
- Cooper Electric, A Sonepar Company – Cranbury, NJ; Nominated by Dennis Brazill & Robert Gluck, Brazill Brothers.
- EDGES Electrical Group – San Jose, CA; Nominated by Eric Jones, Electric Sales Unlimited.
- Electric Supply – Tampa, FL; Nominated by Vic Philpot, United Electrical Sales.
- Elliott Electric Supply – Farmers Branch, TX; Nominated by Anna Odum, Legrand.
- Elliott Electric Supply – Nacogdoches, TX; Nominated by JJ Novak, Legrand.
- Gescan, A Sonepar Company – Canada; Nominated by Legrand’s Western Canada Agents.
- OneSource, A Sonepar Company – Temecula, CA; Nominated by Kevin Hefner, Electric Sales Unlimited.
- Riley Electrical Supply – Fond du Lac, WI; Nominated by Steve Danen, Legrand.
- WESCO-EESCO – Hammond, IN; Nominated by Martin Fiene, Legrand.
- Yesco – New Brighton, PA; Nominated by Michael Cuscino, Fields Electrical Sales.
In addition to the distribution partners recognized with this year’s awards, Legrand also named a “Best Rep Agency Marketing” winner for the first time: United Electrical Sales. “Our agency partners have really been stepping up and taking a proactive role in marketing their business and their brands,” Kozniewski explains. “It was important to acknowledge and celebrate the impact it is having, and United Electrical Sales really did a fantastic job throughout 2022.”
John Hoffman, Legrand’s Executive VP of Sales & Demand Creation adds, “We work with the best of the best, in terms of our distribution partners as well as our extended sales organization. These professionals know the market, know their customers, and serve them well – with commitment and creativity. Congratulations to all 2022’s winners and thank you to our entire network of partners for another fantastic year.”Tagged with award, Legrand