tED magazine has received 17 regional finalist and 5 national finalist awards from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) for 2016. The awards will be handed out regionally on April 26 and nationally on May 18.
According to the ASBPE website, “the awards are given both regionally and nationally in the print, online, and design divisions and given nationally in the four Overall Excellence categories: Magazine of the Year, Website of the Year, Newsletter of the Year and Cross-Platform Package of the Year.” tED magazine is a finalist nationally in the Website of the Year category for www.tedmag.com. It has already been named one of the 10 best in the country this year. This marks the second time in three years that tedmag.com was honored with an Overall Excellence award.
The ASBPE describes the awards to, “honor the best in business-to-business media, recognizing outstanding work by B2B, trade, association and professional publications. One of the most competitive award programs for trade media, the Azbees highlight editorial, online and design excellence within magazines, newsletters and digital media.”
This year, the Azbee Awards received more than 1,200 entries, and more than 90 experienced B2B editors and designers assisted with the judging.
tED magazine earned 6 regional awards for the print magazine, 5 regional awards for tedmag.com editorial, and 6 regional awards for magazine design. Magazine editor Misty Byers, online editor Nicky Herron, and Art Director Randi Vincent were named on the awards.
This year, tED earned the regional recognition in significant categories like Special Magazine Section, Front Cover Design, E-newsletter (for tED Daily News), Overall Headline Writing, News Section (Current), Online Enterprise News Story, and Front Cover Design.
ASBPE honored tED magazine as a national finalist for
- Design: Front Cover for the New Product Preview supplement in December
- Overall Headlines in tED magazine
- Regular Column Contributed for the Commodities stories
- Design: Best Overall Typography for our Economic Roundtable story in January 2016
- Overall Excellence for www.tedmag.com
tED magazine has been named a Regional Finalist in
- Print: Special Section for the Handbook issue in March 2016
- Print: News Section for the Current Section
- Print: Regular Column, Submitted for Commodities
- Print: Individual Profile for “The Value of Listening” a profile of current NAED Chair Larry Stern
- Print: Feature Article for “The Selling Points of Selling Service”
- Design: Best Overall Typography
- Design: Front Cover for the “New Product Preview”
- Design: Feature Article Design for “The Face of the Future”
- Design: Opening Page/Spread Photo for “SPAs: The Progress and the Problem”
- Design: Opening Page Typographic for “Transforming Employees Into Leaders”
- Design: Opening Page/Spread Illustration for “Recruiting and Retention: That Was Then; This Is Now”
- Online: E-Newsletter for “tED Daily News”
- Online: Web Feature Article for “Are You Missing The E-commerce Target?”
- Online: Q&A for “Is Amazon Business Setting Sights on Electrical Distribution?”
- Online: Enterprise News Story for “Anatomy of a Corporate Carve Out”
- Online Overall Excellence: www.tedmag.com
Tagged with tED